Olio Dome

Chunky Potato Wedges

Carbs are so my thing. No matter what Dr. Atkins says, I still think carbs are amazing. I love potatoes especially. So versatile, so delicious, it can be eaten with anything. Think mash potatoes and ribs, or baked potatoes with soup, or maybe fries with your burger, or cold potatoes with salad. The list goes on. Potatoes can be turned into any creative dish. I like a good potato gratin. Potatoes are satisfying – it fills you and gives you that ‘ahhhh’ feeling, if ya know what i mean. That said, allow me to rave about the above wedges for a while.

Those are from Olio Dome. It has been a while since i’ve laid eyes on wedges. I do miss having wedges in Brisbane. They’re so common there… even the fast food places have fries that are quite as thick or close to wedges. It’s like a staple there. And it’s not expensive as it is here. Anyway these chunky wedges i had were seasoned nicely and served with mayonnaise mixed with mustard and some tomato sauce (which tasted like pasta sauce, maybe they reused left over spaghetti sauce?). Potatoes are comfort foods. and these ones sure gave me lots of comfort.. they were served warm and it the golden brown hue makes you salivate. One portion is really enough for like 3 or 4 persons really. Can’t remember the cost, i think it was $5.90.

Olio Dome Tiramisu

Yes, what’s life without dessert. And what more, without Tiramisu? Tiramisu ranks as one of my all time favourite “Classic” must-have desserts… together with creme brulee of course. Hmm but I got to say Olio Dome’s tiramisu didn’t quite sit well with me. But i’ll give them top marks for presentation though. I sure did enjoy that roll of delicately crafted dark chocolate. A master-piece in itself. I usually prefer my Tiramisu with more cake than cream. And i like to be able to taste the liqueur. This one was mainly cream…. didn’t taste much mascarpone either. Was quite disappointed actually. Looks like i have to continue looking for the ultimate Tiramisu. Still have yet to find the best one. The one at Bakerzin isn’t too bad though. But I prefer their Chocolate Amer and Jivara more. Pure decadence. My mouth is watering at the mere thought of it.

Great. Now i feel like having cake. Some good cake. Chocolate cake! okay i better stop before i hallucinate a cake in front ot me. I’m now thinking what to have for lunch….

__________________________________________

Olio Dome
1 Raffles Boulevard,
Suntec City,
#01-01A
Tel: 63347555
__________________________________________

Posted on 27th May 2005 in Uncategorized

Cate commented on May 27, 2005 at 2:51 pm

Ahhh, those potato wedges look scrumptious!

Cate commented on May 27, 2005 at 2:51 pm

Ahhh, those potato wedges look scrumptious!

sari commented on May 28, 2005 at 4:57 pm

Oooo I love potatoes tooooo!!! Just had my dose of fries!

sari commented on May 28, 2005 at 4:57 pm

Oooo I love potatoes tooooo!!! Just had my dose of fries!

the baker commented on May 29, 2005 at 12:59 pm

hahaa yes those look darn good don’t they?? yummy

the baker commented on May 29, 2005 at 12:59 pm

hahaa yes those look darn good don’t they?? yummy

nope commented on October 12, 2005 at 9:24 am

Hi,

I’m sorry for being intrusive in to your blog. But I am Melissa and I am a mother of two that is just trying to get out of an incredible financial debt. See my hubby is away in Iraq trying to protect this great country that we live in, and I am at home with our two kids telling bill collectors please be patiant. When my husband returns from war we will beable to catch up on our payments. We have already had are 2001 Ford repossessed from the bank, and are now down to a 83 buick that is rusted from front to back and the heater don’t work, and tire tax is due in November.

I’m not asking for your pitty because we got our ownselfs into this mess but we would love you and thank you in our prayers if you would just keep this link on your blog for others to view.

God Bless You.

Melissa K. W.
To see my family view this page. My Family

Learn How To Create Your Own Custom Income Generating System.

Welcome to AdWordEqualizer / Ad Word Equalizer Finds The Most Profitable Search Terms And Products For You!

Get Paid to Take Online Surveys!

blaze commented on October 18, 2005 at 10:05 am

I really enjoyed you cooking outdoor website. I also have a site about cooking outdoor Please take a look. I hope you will find it interesting

darren commented on July 30, 2014 at 10:26 am