Malteser Muffins

Malteser Muffins

My dearest friend Lina’s 21st birthday falls on this coming Monday. I wanted to do something special for her and bake her something. Since we were going to meet up with Shiv at Sentosa tomorrow, I thought it’ll be best to bake something that’s easy to eat and also very yummy.

The three of us can’t possibly finish an entire cake so muffins were the way to go. And it was also a perfect excuse to try out this Malteser Muffin recipe that Chin Ru of Sweet Oven posted a few days back.

So I quickly bought a pack of maltsers and started whipping up muffins with my brand new muffin pan:

Before Baking

this pan is definitely much bigger than my old one. And can you see that I put a malteser in the centre? i did that for all the muffins. Wanted it to be a nice surprise when Lina and Shiv bites into these delicious muffins. But it’s probably also why my muffins didn’t have puffed up tops.

On the other hand, these muffins tasted yummy. But I didn’t think it was chocolatey enough. i still prefer the dark choc muffins I made last week. But I guess it’s because maltesers aren’t really all chocolate… most of it is honeycomb. And actually I would have used the dark choc maltesers if they were still around… Too bad I couldn’t find anymore! Maybe next time.

I think I’m really going to get sick of muffins soon…

Posted on 2nd Jul 2005 in Uncategorized

Lisa commented on July 2, 2005 at 11:25 pm

Ooo…I love Malteser. Have to try it on muffin. Maybe double up the Malteser or add extra choc… hehe.

Lisa commented on July 2, 2005 at 11:25 pm

J.T. commented on July 3, 2005 at 5:32 am

Great job..they look great ๐Ÿ˜‰

J.T. commented on July 3, 2005 at 5:32 am

Great job..they look great ๐Ÿ˜‰

boo_licious commented on July 3, 2005 at 6:55 am

yum yum. Ms. baker, if you love maltesers, try Nigella’s Malteser cake, it’s malty as it is made from Horlicks.

boo_licious commented on July 3, 2005 at 6:55 am

J commented on July 3, 2005 at 6:19 pm

mmm…the idea of maltesers in muffins is brill!…you’re quite the muffin-maker ๐Ÿ˜‰

J commented on July 3, 2005 at 6:19 pm

serene commented on July 4, 2005 at 2:45 pm

I hope you won’t get sick of muffins soon… I love reading about the different muffin recipes you try out… great site! ๐Ÿ™‚

serene commented on July 4, 2005 at 2:45 pm

the baker commented on July 5, 2005 at 1:21 am

Lisa: yes yes, actually I made some chocolate frosting in the end and spread it on those muffins. Yum!

J.T: thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

boo_licious: Nigella’s Malteser cake? she has a recipe for that? cool! is it avail. online?

J: I think I’m really liking the versatility of muffins!

serene: thanks! actually i’m still thinking of experimenting with different flavours. Hehe, maybe i’ll come up with a bailey’s irish cream one soon…

the baker commented on July 5, 2005 at 1:21 am

J.T: thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

J: I think I’m really liking the versatility of muffins!

Doug commented on July 27, 2014 at 5:53 pm