Tim Tims from Australia

Tim Tams from Australia

Most of you are aware that chocolate is one of my weakness.

So you could imagine what happened when my friend francis bought these Tim Tams back from Australia. He went to Sydney and I made a special request to bring back this limited edition Tim Tams not available here:

Chilli Choc Fling

and a fling was what i had. a passionate fling with me and my Tim Tams. It certainly was a dangerous liasion. I was literally popping Tim Tam after Tim Tam into my mouth. Sinful. And I did the Tim Tam slam with hot milo. Heaven. Must try it with coffee or milk next.

Anyway i enjoyed the chilli choc fling! i know what you must be thinking – no, it’s not THAT spicy. It’s kind of subtle. I actually tasted the sweetness of the chooclate cream first… then, the spicy tinge starts to creep up on your tastebuds. It’s a change, but a lovely one. I totally dig these tim tams. Too bad I don’t live in Australia. I could stock up on Tim Tams~ but that would mean a bigger sized me. Haha…

Posted on 18th Jul 2005 in Uncategorized

Stephanie commented on July 18, 2005 at 5:40 pm

Hello!

I wanted to let you know that I mailed your Blogging by Mail package today; it should arrive in 4-10 days.

Stephanie commented on July 18, 2005 at 5:40 pm

Hello!

Unknown commented on July 19, 2005 at 12:58 am

Hi,

Have been reading yr blog. I luv baking too 🙂

BTW, u can get them at a shop selling choc n candies (cant rem the name tho) at Millenium Walk. Lots of them. It located on the 1st level.

Unknown commented on July 19, 2005 at 12:58 am

Hi,

Have been reading yr blog. I luv baking too 🙂

the baker commented on July 19, 2005 at 1:26 am

hey steph, thanks! will be looking out for it =)

hey unknown, you mean they have the chilli one?? I know which shop you’re talking about. it’s a huge candy shop which i always walk pass but never went in. okay i’m definitely going to check it out soon! thanks!

the baker commented on July 19, 2005 at 1:26 am

hey steph, thanks! will be looking out for it =)

Anonymous commented on July 19, 2005 at 2:35 am

Think its called Empire Candy or is it Candy Empire…

Anonymous commented on July 19, 2005 at 2:35 am

Think its called Empire Candy or is it Candy Empire…

sari commented on July 19, 2005 at 12:34 pm

oh babe, lots of people are crazy bout tim tams over here tooo! I lke da caramel one… if u need some, I can get em for you~ =)

sari commented on July 19, 2005 at 12:34 pm

the baker commented on July 19, 2005 at 3:21 pm

anon: ya! i think it’s called the candy empire… thanks..

michie: oh man they have caramel ones as well? sounds really good! i also heard that they used to have irish cream ones.. do they still have them?

the baker commented on July 19, 2005 at 3:21 pm

anon: ya! i think it’s called the candy empire… thanks..

eatzycath commented on July 20, 2005 at 4:20 pm

what an unusual combination – chilli with chocolate, will have to try it tho’ I may end up eating the whole packet since my hubby doesn’t like chilli at all other than in curry??

eatzycath commented on July 20, 2005 at 4:20 pm

the baker commented on July 21, 2005 at 1:26 am

haha ya.. when i told my friends about these tim tams, most were skeptical. well but i’m an adventurous person and I’d say these are worth a try! hehe… i almost finished the whole packet actually. tim tams make me go weak in the knees! =p

the baker commented on July 21, 2005 at 1:26 am

S commented on July 21, 2005 at 2:56 am

hiya,

if you ever get the chance, check out
they make a fabulous spicy hot chocolate!

S commented on July 21, 2005 at 2:56 am

hiya,

if you ever get the chance, check out
they make a fabulous spicy hot chocolate!

boo_licious commented on July 21, 2005 at 11:04 am

Yeah, Tim Tams are great especially the ones directly from Australia. I tried the ones packed with alcohol and they were fantastic. Not had any chilli chocolate though but it sounds interesting.

boo_licious commented on July 21, 2005 at 11:04 am

dimsumdolly commented on July 21, 2005 at 2:31 pm

I’ve tried these Tim Tams before too. And yah, the chilli taste is very subtle…in fact it kinda takes quite a while to kick in!

dimsumdolly commented on July 21, 2005 at 2:31 pm

Clare Eats commented on July 23, 2005 at 1:56 pm

The blackforest ones are really good too! and the dark chocolate and the truffel! Oh they are all good 🙂

(and I can have them whenever I want! but I dont)

Clare Eats commented on July 23, 2005 at 1:56 pm

(and I can have them whenever I want! but I dont)

Sonya commented on July 24, 2005 at 8:36 am

Hmmzz if u like the chilli tim tams ..
U should really try the white truffles temptations … I lurve the white truffles ones and the tia maria … best for milo dipping and definately on its own

Sonya commented on July 24, 2005 at 8:36 am

Hmmzz if u like the chilli tim tams ..

spots commented on July 25, 2005 at 12:21 pm

hiyee… i jus had my first taste of the very same tim tams over the weekend!! what a coincidence – they were extremely yummy 🙂 Nice post!

spots commented on July 25, 2005 at 12:21 pm

TreSSa commented on September 2, 2005 at 1:56 pm

hii.. I absolutely adore timtams too, I actually ate a whole packet of timtam by myself one day and felt horribly guilty afterwards..and oh man, I love the candy empire, there have a whole range of candies and chocolates and cookies imported from Aussie..they are to die for..hah

the baker commented on September 6, 2005 at 1:19 am

thanks all with your recommendations! i wish i was in aussie-land right now…

clare: haha Oooo white truffle tim tam??? that i gotta try!

ahh yes tressa, i’ve heard of The Candy Empire. Apparently they have the tia maria ones too and alot of other varieties that can’t be found at other shops in SG. man, i have to go there soon! hehee don’t worry, i’ve also eaten an entire pack of tim tams before. once you start, you can’t stop!

Luke commented on July 31, 2014 at 2:34 am