Phuket's Yummy Eats – Part One

Tom Yum Soup in Phuket
This tom yum was really spicy and refreshing!

As promised, here are some tantalising photos of what I ate in Phuket. I was only there for 3 days and stayed at this quaint little inn which was just 10 minutes away from Patong Beach. Food was great, and so was the weather. I came back with a really nice tan! haha. anyway here’s part one of Phuket’s Yummy Eats… enjoy!

Pad Thai
Pad Thai – I loved how these noodles were really chewy

Delicious Pineapple Rice
Thai Pineapple rice! The best I’ve eaten yet…

Authentic thai green curry
Had to eat their green curry of course!

Sticky Rice with Mango
ahhhh for dessert, sticky rice with very ripe and sweet mangoes

Duck noodle soup
Got this from a street stall – noodle soup with duck. delicious

Papaya salad in Phuket
haha, this is papaya salad, remember my previous post?

pancake or prata

I have a funny story for this. I saw this street stall selling ‘pancakes’ and I thought that it would be some lovely thai version and ordered one – banana nutella to be exact.

Banana Nutella Pancake

and guess what it turned out to be? haha yea you can see. it’s actually prata! with banana and ya nutella. gosh the guy slopped on lots of oil, butter and even wanted to put condensed milk and sugar! this was so sinful! but it tasted kinda good I gotta admit.

fish and chips in phuket
fish and chips. yea weird to be eating western there ya? but haha was craving for it

cottagepie
cottage pie

So there, you got a gist of what I consumed when I was in Phuket. I have many more photos, mostly of street stalls and what not. Will post them soon. Meanwhile, hope I’ve whet your appetite!

Posted on 30th Dec 2005 in Uncategorized

Rachel commented on December 30, 2005 at 4:38 pm

yummy yummy!

spots commented on December 30, 2005 at 11:22 pm

u went to phuket too? unfortunately, i didn’t get to eat much street stall food…as had a kid with me… but we had some v yummy restaurant food! cheers!

jadepearl commented on December 31, 2005 at 4:15 am

Hah, you are in phuket?! So envy! Wah, the food is glorious!!! Yummy yum yum!!! Glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself there 🙂

Happy New Year to you and your family too! 🙂 May 2006 be another wonderful and prosperous year too!

Rosa's Yummy Yums commented on January 1, 2006 at 2:08 am

Mmmh that looks ever so yummilicious!!! You are a lucky one to have been on holiday in Phuket…
I wish you a Happy New Year and all the very best for the year 2006!

Stargazer commented on January 4, 2006 at 3:22 am

Hi, where did you stay in Phuket? Am heading there again in Sept and looking for cheap accommodation.

the baker commented on January 4, 2006 at 6:46 am

stargazer: I stayed at Thai Oriental Inn. It’s pretty reasonable. Check out their site at thaiorientalinn.com

let me know if you want pictures of the place. I took some while i was there. it’s kinda cosy and rustic. not too bad.

Anonymous commented on January 19, 2006 at 7:14 am

is it a nice place to stay? is it close to the beach? what sort of facilities do they offer at thai oriental inn? I tried their website but i couldn’t get through maybe my connection low anyway please tel me above detials and map also I going to phuket next month

Charles commented on July 29, 2014 at 6:16 am