Snowball Cookies

Hershey’s Kisses Tree

Seeing that I had no Christmas post, I knew I had to make up for it…

and I present you, a Hershey’s Kisses Tree… haha hope you like it!

Anywayz, in case you were wondering, yes the cookie I’m going to be introducing to you all has something to do with Hershey’s Kisses. Lots of them:

A whole lot of hershey’s kisses

‘Clothed’ kisses and ahem, ‘naked’ ones too!:

Naked Hershey’s Kisses

Okay I know what they look like. Shhh… don’t spoil the moment.

Let me present to you snowball cookies or what i call hershey’s surprise kisses…

Hiding the hershey’s kisses

yes siree, you actually ‘hide’ the kisses in the dough before popping them in the oven.

I’ve been wanting to bake these cookies since chancing upon the recipe at Running with Tweezers. These snowball cookies had been Tami’s IMBB/SHF cookie swap entry and they looked and sounded absolute delightful. And boy were they promising:

Hershey’s Surprise Cookies

these cookies have a ‘melt-in-your-mouth’ texture and provides for a sweet surprise. That’s cause on the outside they look so ordinary that you wouldn’t expect a lovely hershey’s kisses middle:

what is in the middle?

like this! ta dah! Man, I really do love these cookies! Perfect for christmas too. Good as gifts don’t you think so? This is gonna be a keeper for sure. Yum yum!

Merry Christmas to all of you!!! It’s technically still christmas… since there’s like 12 days of it, no? 🙂
_________________________________

Snowball Cookies

– 1 cup soft butter
– 1 tsp. vanilla
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 2 cups sifted flour
– 1 cup finely chopped nuts
– 1 5 3/4 ounce package of chocolate kisses
– Powdered Sugar

Beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add sifted flour and nuts, blend well.
Chill dough about 1/2 hour.
Remove foil from kisses and shape dough around kisses, using scant tablespoon of dough for each. Roll to form a ball.
Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 12 minutes until set but not brown
While still warm roll in powdered sugar. Cool and store in a tightly covered container.
Roll in sugar again before serving if desired.

*Recipe courtesy of Tami of Running with Tweezers

Posted on 27th Dec 2005 in Uncategorized

Amber Amethryne commented on December 27, 2005 at 6:19 am

These (and the bread pudding) look good, will give the recipe a try. Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

Karen commented on December 27, 2005 at 10:14 am

What’s the difference between normal butter and soft butter? What nuts do you use for this recipe?

the baker commented on December 27, 2005 at 7:10 pm

Merry Christmas Amber! 🙂 let me know how it turns out ya?

Hey Karen, soft butter is butter at room temperature. meaning, it’s left outside to soften after taking it out from the fridge. I use normal peanuts for this recipe. well i actually had ground nuts in my fridge so I used them. but I think any nut would work fine.

Karen commented on December 28, 2005 at 12:20 am

Thanks!!

tami commented on December 28, 2005 at 4:14 am

wow. my mom would be so proud 🙂

well done..your cookies look great! 🙂 thanks for thinking so highly of the recipe and for stopping by my little ol’ blog 🙂

– tami

Gabrielle commented on December 28, 2005 at 1:55 pm

those snowball cookies look like sugee cookies. bet they taste good!

the baker commented on December 28, 2005 at 4:29 pm

hey tami, no, thank YOU for posting about it! they taste great too… and it did surprise one of my friends who tried it… haha..

heya gabrielle, yea they do taste a wee bit like sugee cookies actually. kinda melts in your mouth. crumbly too. 🙂

tami commented on December 29, 2005 at 3:09 am

here is another secret…they are 1837173571564651654 times better when they are warm. if you can’t eat them right out of the oven…zap them in the (gasp) microwave for few seconds so the chocolate center gets warm. Yum 🙂

Anonymous commented on December 29, 2005 at 3:36 am

hi,
I just chanced upon your site, it’s amazing i tell you. I likey!

Cannes 😉

rokh commented on December 29, 2005 at 7:19 pm

looks sinfully delish!

the baker commented on December 30, 2005 at 1:19 am

haha i couldn’t agree more tami. 🙂 i actually had a few right when they were still warm, fresh out of the oven. heavenly. amazing stuff!!

Anonymous commented on May 17, 2006 at 2:46 pm

hi, just like to know how many cookies the above recipe makes, thanks! Oh yes, and the baileys truffles too, how many truffles do you get out of that recipe?

Anonymous commented on March 6, 2007 at 1:21 pm

Hi, may I know what is the qty of 1 cup of butter? or 1/2 cup of sugar? I’d like to bake these yummy cookies but I do not have a measuring cup =\
Thanks!

Anonymous commented on January 7, 2008 at 9:59 am

Hi,

I had just came across this receipe. Is the oven temperature set at 375°C or 375°F?

Carlo commented on July 8, 2008 at 2:34 pm

Good Job! 🙂

Anonymous commented on November 27, 2008 at 4:31 am

I’m Sorry but I dont even think standard baking ovens go up to 375C…thats like 707 degrees F!

floyd commented on July 26, 2014 at 9:16 pm