Baked Alaska

Making Baked Alaska
a step-by-step effort, and i helped!

I’ve been wanting to post up this fiery delight my aunt made for CNY. I’ve never tried making it myself but watching her do it makes it seem so easy. Well I think it is easy, but you just need to be quick. It’s so cool, how the meringue manages to insulate the ice cream and all.

Anyway, here’s a picture of the baked alaska on fire:

Bomb Alaska

Cool eh? It was HUGE too I tell ya! She poured whiskey over it and lighted the entire ‘igloo’. The kids (my cousins) were so excited and intrigued. What a perfect sweet highlight to end a meal. I’m so gonna try it out myself soon…

Posted on 5th Feb 2006 in Uncategorized

Precious Moments commented on February 6, 2006 at 7:16 am

cool dessert. couldn’t even remember when was the last time I had this (one of the restaurant along Orchard Road).

and your auntie knows how to prepare this. Amazing!!!! Post yours soon okay?

stop foie gras commented on February 6, 2006 at 11:13 am

tabehodai commented on February 6, 2006 at 3:20 pm

precious moment, was it at an old russian restaurant? i think i had it there before too.

drool…

Gabrielle commented on February 6, 2006 at 3:48 pm

Wow.. what a piece of art! Have not seen it before anywhere.. this looks really awesome. I wonder how is it made. It looks complicated!

strawberry commented on February 6, 2006 at 10:52 pm

Happy Belated Chinese New Year!
Gong xi gong xi ^^

Btw, I’ve never had Yu Sheng before and wonder if my grandma ever made one. Check out my CNY report too ^^

Fonia commented on February 7, 2006 at 5:28 pm

Wow… Real Cool Dessert! I will behave like your cousins too if I’m there. *Grin* Please share & post yours too… Thank you!

Cavalock commented on February 8, 2006 at 3:15 am

Looks great. Wish there was pix of the inside! ha

Ivonne commented on February 8, 2006 at 3:49 am

Congratulations on the successful Baked Alaska! I have always wanted to try it but never have. Your post is very inspiring!

hubert commented on July 28, 2014 at 11:47 pm