Chocolate Fondue

Homemade Chocolate Fondue

There’s no better way to perk up a dull day than to indulge in some good chocolate.

Mum bought me a adorable little tealight chocolate fondue set last Christmas and I haven’t had a chance to use it. Until a few days ago when I was just craving for chocolate.

It might not be much, this fondue set is more like a novelty really – it looks like a toy! or some aromatherapy kit. Anyhow, it didn’t stop me from chopping up some dark chocolate, heating it up in a pot and pouring it into this porcelain bowl to dip bananas with.

I know the proper fondue should have a more liquid-like chocolate ‘soup’ but I didn’t want to add any cream or butter so I just used pure chocolate. It’s quite okay; a little thick but hey I love it this way. Chocolate brings me immense joy. Haha. it’s good.

Maybe if I have the money, I’ll invest in a proper fondue pot someday. Saw a gorgeous one some time ago but guess how much it costs? $1049! It’s by Stelton and it’s damn sleek and beautiful. The whole set has this rotating round table contraption where all your cut up fruits or meats (if you’re doing a cheese fondue) will be placed and the guests won’t need to get up to reach for the other end – they can just rotate it! Amazing.

You know, all this hankering for ‘to-die-for’ kitchen gadgets and contraptions is just so making me want to work hard and save up for that fantastic kitchen of mine which will hold everything I need… i’ll be patient and continue persevering till it becomes actual reality! You bet I will! I ain’t giving up just yet…

Posted on 28th Feb 2006 in Uncategorized

Sweetilicious commented on March 1, 2006 at 3:21 am

Chocolate brings me immense joy too! Light, dark,or milk no matter…and now its good for you too, Who knew?

Docile commented on March 1, 2006 at 4:09 pm

which brand of choc do u like the most?

Anonymous commented on March 1, 2006 at 4:19 pm

u can try adding whipping cream to the chocolate also… it’s super fattening but it’s real nice. 🙂

jadepearl commented on March 1, 2006 at 4:51 pm

OMG..this is so sinful but delicious!!!

the baker commented on March 2, 2006 at 4:09 am

Sweetilicious: ya! now it’s supposed to be good for your heart. I guess that’s good news! so let’s all tuck in and worry not about the pimples and what not. haha.

docile: i’m quite partial to Lindt’s 70 percent dark chocolate and Valrhona!, but usually when I’m baking, it’s the homebrand carried by Carrefour.

anon: yea, i was so tempted to. maybe i shall eh?

jadepearl: sinful IS the word, but I choose to play deaf to that word and amplify the DELICIOUS part :p

Bunnyz commented on March 3, 2006 at 9:34 am

Hi there!

Can I know where ur mum bought the fondue set? I’m looking for one badly!! Please help! hehe

Jaschocolate commented on March 5, 2006 at 4:35 pm

haha.. i also saw a fondue set at robinsons @ raffles city.. the price struck me dumb..

Bunnyz commented on March 6, 2006 at 3:42 am

Hi Ladies…

I’ve fd the shop selling the fondue set @ a def affordable price dat won’t make u choke! haha
Go here:- http://www.shermay.com/retail.htm

Sorry dearie..used ur blog to post this…

Anonymous commented on March 7, 2006 at 6:42 am

Hi all,

I saw this fondue set @ The Cocoa Tree shop selling at $31.50

Maybe you all can try look around there.

Anonymous commented on March 5, 2007 at 5:54 am

Can let me know how do I make the chocolate foundue. What kind of chocolate to buy and what to add into it to boil. Have bought the electric foundue set but yet to use it. Tks

Jeff commented on July 29, 2014 at 5:00 am