Nescafe Ice

Nescafe Ice Sachets

My first week at school has been rather fruitful. Been to all the introductory lectures, bought my coursepacks and met up with friends I haven’t seen in ages.

That also means that it’s time to up my coffee intake once again! haha, not that I haven’t been doing so. What am I talking about? You’ll understand when you have to go for lectures just after lunch or early in the morning! Caffeine really wakes you up!

And speaking of coffee, I have to let you in on something weird and interesting. Just last month, I was at a supermarket and found sachets of Nescafe Ice. Okay, Nescafe is a coffee brand as you all know, but ICE? Does that mean it’s best drunk with ice?

However I wasn’t that bewildered because I did buy a can of Nescafe Ice before:

Canned Nescafe Ice

I think I found it at 7-11. And yes, I do take pictures of anything edible and memorable. 🙂

So what’s this drink all about? I know that recently there has been alot of ‘ICE’ versions of drinks. That includes other soft drinks like 7-Up. And I do suppose that the ICE comes in with the chilling sensation one gets when drinking these.

How in the world does it chill you? I have no idea, but I suppose that they use a certain extra ingredient. I’m not really sure what it is, but I’ll definitely go do some research on my own.

In any case, back to the sachets I bought. Costing $2.90 for 10 sachets, it’s definitely cheaper than buying one can of it! hahaa… how did it taste? I found it a tad too sweet but still drinkable.

I’ve been blending it with ice to make some sort of a Nescafe Ice Slush. Yes, I know, blending it with ice gives it twice the impact – the chill sensation I mean. Lo and behold, it really gives you a chill. Seriously! You’ll understand if you try it….

The packet recommends you to add in a banana too – which I did. Verdict? Gave it a smoother texture but wasn’t really quite platable. I think I’ll stick to my normal freshly brewed hot coffee in future.

Posted on 19th Aug 2006 in Uncategorized

mariya commented on August 20, 2006 at 5:11 pm

i think the “ice” refers to that slight zing you feel after you drink it… possibly from some minty source? that’s what i think. lol.

Shelly commented on August 20, 2006 at 6:11 pm

Back in my working days I used to have Nescafe ICE daily. It came in satchets as well, and during their introductory offer, it also came with a shaker for you to mix it in. But unfortunately I haven’t seen it around for at least 2 years, despite my desperate attempts to find it in every supermarket accessible to me.

I remember it was called ICE because you can make the coffee with ICED WATER instead of the usual warm water then add ice.

Where did you get yours?!?!? I need to get my fix!! It’s been calling for 2 years already!!!

the baker commented on August 21, 2006 at 12:21 pm

mariya: yea i think so too!

shelly: really? it’s been around for so long? i only noticed it now. but not every place sells it ya know. oh i bought mine from Golden Mile Complex – at their thai supermarket!

Anonymous commented on August 23, 2006 at 5:18 am

heyy! I drank NesTea Ice back in Macau.. but i cant find it anywhere in Spore. Do post if anyone happen to see it anywhere ok! thank u -rach

yingying commented on August 29, 2006 at 9:38 am

i think it’s mint, too…

Randi commented on September 9, 2006 at 5:42 pm

You guys get the neatest products in Singapore.

Rick commented on July 30, 2014 at 1:35 pm