Me Cocoa, She Butterscotch

Morning!

We would like to introduce ourselves properly once and for all 🙂

Hi, I’m Cocoa, the one on the left and I’m the sporty one. I love the sun, sand and sea. In my free time, I run, blade, cycle and most of the time, when I’m not doing anything, I’m chilling out with my best friend Butterscotch. As you would have guessed, I not only bake, but write as well. I love to write! It’s my biggest passion, and baking comes after it.

Hi, I’m Butterscotch! As you can see, I’m a tad shorter than Cocoa. I don’t run as much as her but I play tennis and I skateboard. Am a rocker chick at heart, though you can’t really tell. I’m a freelance graphic designer and I got influenced by Cocoa and am excited to be baking and working alongside with her!

Together, we make up Cocoa & Butterscotch, a girlie partnership that will make the world a happier yummier place.

We bake, we design, we write, and we will put a smile to your faces with our favourite things!

Cocoa & Butterscotch is really an establishment that caters to your homely needs. We girls won’t sell what we don’t like. Our products are all natural, with no preservatives and all ingredients are of the best quality.

We welcome all feedback too!

Oh, and in case you were wondering why we are named Cocoa & Butterscotch…hmm we don’t really have a reason. Both of us were brainstorming one day and decided on something that sounded tasty and sounded as if they could be eaten together! hahhahaa

And so… there you have it! The story behind Cocoa & Butterscotch.

This marks the beginning of an exciting journey and we’re so glad to have you with us.

Hope on board ya’ll! :o)

Posted on 12th Jun 2007 in Cocoa and Butterscotch

vonvonx commented on June 12, 2007 at 6:47 am

I saw an article featuring you on the Straits Times!
so glad that your online bakery dream has come true.
But, pls do continue to update your blo with those delicious pictures… u have such a huge fan base u knw.
All the best =)

Anonymous commented on June 13, 2007 at 2:31 am

Hi,

First time visiting your site and was so impressed by the deco esp the two pretty girls, really catches my attention. I love to bake, just like you, of course not as pro as you do cos i see the pic that you posted on those muffin, really make me mouth watering. btw, how do u pick up skills on that? i normally tried following bakery book, at times, it turn up well, but sometimes not 🙁 I also very interested in setting online bakery as I’m v v tired in working in IT line for > 20 years (so u guess how old am i?) What should I do to start up online bakery, like you? should I quit my job so that i can have more time in brushing up my baking skill and designing web site as interesting as you do? (sorry ha, by no mean to compete with you…)

Xiao Yi

Anonymous commented on June 13, 2007 at 12:47 pm

congratulations! on our business launch. Don’t you think that refering to yourself as Baker & Chef is a little too much, especially when you have only intended to enrole at blah, blah, blah.

Mind you that there are many out there who do not even refer to themselves as Bakers or Chefs.

If you are really into running this as a business, 1 advice, step out of the little girl closet. To make a business work, ou need to be in the real world.

When you have sold like a million muffins, then maybe you can call yourself a baker.

Monique commented on June 13, 2007 at 8:15 pm

You gals are so cute. I wish I had a friend who shares my love of baking and that we could go into biz together! Well, wish you all the luck! If only I lived in the area, I’d sure place an order!

Anonymous commented on June 14, 2007 at 1:26 am

You have inspired me so much!

Thanks for sharing your passion for this cooking and baking world.

Anonymous commented on June 14, 2007 at 12:21 pm

Cool! I might help my mom order some goodies from you for the festive season if they’re available.

A One-Winged Angel

P.S. I’ll make sure Josie and Iggy know how lucky they are to know a great cook and baker.

Anonymous commented on June 15, 2007 at 9:00 am

Have you girls considered this;

janie commented on June 17, 2007 at 3:13 am

to anonymous :

what’s your problem? why do you care what people address themselves? i think cheryl FITS to be a baker, whether or not she’s a qualified one. i think your mindset is incorrect for a start. can people only be fit to called bakers only when they’ve sold a million muffins? and what have you sold? i bet you haven’t even sold anything and is bitter all your life, so you just go around putting people down.

if you’re not happy with people starting a venture selling stuffs, you can either just close your browser, or be better. simple as that. don’t criticize others when you haven’t got anything to begin with. and if you think your advice is so worthy to be considered in the 1st place, don’t remain an anonymous. show us who you are! i don’t think the people here actually appreciates your so-called advice that’s not supportive or well-meaning. you’re just so bitter that it’s laughable!

and shame on you that you have to hide behind a cloak of anonymity!

Janie commented on June 17, 2007 at 6:16 am

So let’s say I am Janie. Every other person out there is calling themselves a Chef or Baker.

Maybe Cheryl should first go intern herself at a restaurant or bakery. Because by yours and her definition, every American Wife IS a Baker and a Chef.

Anonymous commented on June 18, 2007 at 3:20 am

Hi!

Congrats on the new opening of your online bakery!

i was just browsing through your older post and was wondering if you did share the recipe of the nutella muffins you mentioned in one of the posts? my best friend is a huge fan of nutella and i’m hoping to get some baking done for her birthday. possible to share? But of course it’s ok if you dont as i understand you’re selling it on your online bakery as well.

ALL THE BEST!

the baker commented on June 18, 2007 at 10:27 am

here’s the link to the Nutella Cupcake recipe 🙂

enjoy!

Anonymous commented on June 18, 2007 at 1:03 pm

thanks so much! will order from you when there’s a major gathering coming up!

My Space commented on June 20, 2007 at 3:41 pm

congratulations Cheryl! I like the way you introduced Cocoa and Butterscotch.

All the best and God bless your business!

Philip commented on July 1, 2007 at 5:37 pm

Dear Cocoa & Butterscotch,

I am very impressed with your blog. Food and design wise, fantastic!! I guess being a designer and food lover myself helps me to relate to your passion. Keep up the good work!

Cheers,