Bakin' & bakin'

Been baking for 4 days straight but it feels as though I’ve been baking for weeks!

A typical day begins with me taking the butter out of the fridge at about 7am and me going back to sleep for a bit. I wake at 9am then start to prep the ingredients. The flour gets sifted, the eggs get beaten, the muffin pans get lined and I get my apron and start to get ready for the day ahead.

Surprisingly, things haven’t been that hectic. I’m usually done before 6pm. It’s been smooth sailing as well – thanks to Dot 🙂 She manages almost all of the packaging. We’re pretty satisfied with the way things are going. I’ve gotten positive feedback about our goods.

But of course, we always appreciate more feedback. So you, if you have bought our stuff and tasted them, please feel free to leave comments ya…

Here’s more shots for you to munch on…

Sprinkling crumble topping onto the blueberry muffins.

Man oh man, there’s nothing more exciting than exploded blueberry muffins.

Dot and I go ga-ga over them:

I guess their name: Blueberry Burst is befitting!

Then there’s our Swirly Whirly Nutella Cupcakes.

I have so much fun doing the swirls. That’s the best part 🙂

I get a kick out of seeing the final product after it gets baked.

There are alot more photos but I’ll post them up another time.

For more information, visit my Cocoa & Butterscotch site. We have some cool wallpapers you can download from there too! 🙂

Tata…

Posted on 11th Jul 2007 in Cocoa and Butterscotch, cookies, cupcakes

Anonymous commented on July 12, 2007 at 8:03 am

hi, i have tried your blueberry muffin recipe, it texture was soft and taste good when it was just out of the oven but harden the next day. Is it normal?

many thanks!

Max Ng commented on July 12, 2007 at 3:13 pm

it is very normal. though it is not my recipe but any pastry or cake made from fresh ingredients without synthetic ingredient would turn slightly hard.

just pop into the microwave oven for 10-15 sec on high would turn it back soft. but must be eaten straight away. so only reheat when u want to eat. put it into the fridge to keep longer.

i usually finish off in the toaster after microwaving it. gives it the crispy finish.

if you think microwaving is a cheapskate way of reheating, just pop it back in the conventional oven till hot.

hope i answer you doubts. come visit my blog.. whaha.

Anonymous commented on July 13, 2007 at 6:42 am

Hi, I see that u have linked creative culinaire to your blog. I’m thinking of going for bread making classes. Do you have any recommendations?

Anonymous commented on July 13, 2007 at 11:41 am

hi max

thanks for your advice and blog link!

Max Ng commented on July 13, 2007 at 6:51 pm

if you want simple bread making classes. can always check out your nearest community centre.

2nd option, try newspaper. Recruitment/lessons section.

3rd. I been to BITC Baking Industry Training Centre for their lessons. They are the one who made Prima Deli pastries and breads. They are the one that provide the flour all over Singapore. You can try there. They have some hobby classes set. very interesting. but slightly expensive. I would reccomend this 3rd option with BITC. If there is still this guy Mr. Khoo, he can be one of the best person to teach you the mechanics of baking.

Anonymous commented on July 14, 2007 at 12:11 pm

Hi! the muffins and cookies look absolutely scrumptious. was wondering if you still take orders? if not, when’s the next bake sale?

marias23 commented on July 14, 2007 at 4:47 pm

gosh, your swirly nutella cupcakes look so delicious! and i love love nutella! mind sharing the recipe? *wink*

Anonymous commented on July 16, 2007 at 2:37 am

Hey hey!!

i got a link from my friend to check out ur webby, and i think you’re fantastic!

Was just wondering if you’d be interested in setting up a stall with us for our bazaar cum party in sentosa, siloso beach to sell ur foodies!

Please do reply me via email or text to lemme know if you’re interested yeah? i can give you further details. thanks thanks!

I appreciate a quickie reply! :p

-Ale
a_little_tear@hotmail.com
94301066

Anonymous commented on July 16, 2007 at 6:46 am

the muffins and nutella cupcakes look totally delicious.I am intending to try your recipes.I lik to know if the sugar used in both recipes are normal granulated sugar or caster sugar can be used? any difference if i use caster instead of granulated sugar in both recipes?
thanks.

Yiew commented on July 16, 2007 at 9:59 am

Cheryl! i love baking too! I want to open an online store too. haha. It’s so fun snacking on your own creations you know? Rather than going to some store and buying stuff that you don’t have control over the ingredients! Cheers to the therapeutic joys of cooking and baking.
Oh yeah, was supposed to plan a KC gathering with chris and gen but err… never got down to it leh…
-Lim Yiew

daphne commented on July 17, 2007 at 4:51 am

hey Cheryl. Great looking muffins and the nutella cupcakes make me drool! Been a fan of your blog for a few months more and enjoy reading your posts. Keep the good work up and continue baking and cooking!

Anonymous commented on July 29, 2007 at 4:53 am

mind sharing you recipe for the nutella cupcakes?they look goooood!

Matt commented on August 3, 2007 at 4:38 am

Wow, so much yummy food! I love it! http://pixelspotlight.com/

Coookiezz commented on June 6, 2008 at 12:29 pm

hiii… tried the netulla frosting cupcakes recipe yesterday, even though I mix the netulla with the batter before I filled the cupcakes cups its still taste fantastic… will try it again soon (& the rite way this time…). thanks.
checkout the pic on my site… http://coookiezz.blogspot.com

Juan commented on July 27, 2014 at 6:50 am