Chocolate Cupcakes

Don’t they look like they just jumped off the pages of a whimsical children’s book? Well I think so.

Was baking cupcakes for a bbq gathering with some of my old school mates from poly and thought I could experiment a little. It won’t hurt anyway, I mean if the cupcakes turned out horrible, at least I won’t be sued! 😛

So anyway, I realised I have been baking plenty of vanilla cupcakes and no chocolate ones. Then I felt like making some, so Dot & I did a google search and found the most yummy chocolate cupcake recipe ever.

Why yummy? I totally love the texture of these cupcakes. They’re springy to the touch and really soft and moist. It was just nice. I was too lazy to make some chocolate ganache so I frosted these beauties with Nutella and topped it off with a cute little ‘knob’.

I’m sure it won’t take long for you to guess what’s that ‘knob’. I think it upped the ‘cuteness’ of these cupcakes. I know, it’s nothing compared to those elaborate and delicate designs we find on cupcakes these days. Well, I’m no cupcake queen I have to admit so I’d rather stick to simple raw designs.

They are Maltesers by the way! I think they looked good on my cupcakes – they complemented each other. The cupcakes were a hit and I baked them again the next day for another bbq I attended and whaddyaknow, they were wiped out pretty fast too!

I got the recipe from the Joy of Baking website and you can find the recipe here: Joy of Baking’s Chocolate Cupcake Recipe. Simply click on that link! Have fun ya?

______________________________________________

Here’s a little note to those who bought stuff from the bake sale…

Cocoa & Butterscotch thank all for their kind support and we’re in the midst of consolidating ALL orders and will start baking very soon. So please be patient and try to confirm the collection dates if you haven’t already. Thank you so much! We love you!

Posted on 3rd Jul 2007 in chocolate, cupcakes

Jim commented on July 3, 2007 at 7:11 pm

My favorite recipe is probably still these molten cupcakes from the site, but these look so, so good. I’ll have to give them a try!

Jocelyn commented on July 4, 2007 at 5:36 am

i love all your recipes and pictures! im going to try baking for my family and friends soon, do u know if theres any one-stop shop in singapore where i can get good quality baking stuff and ingredients?

Rosa's Yummy Yums commented on July 4, 2007 at 3:39 pm

Gorgeous cupcakes! They look very appealing…

Anonymous commented on July 4, 2007 at 6:47 pm

Hi,
Love yr blueberry muffin. Nice appearance & guess the taste shld be……woww 😛

Wonder where u got those fresh blueberry ? Care to share ?? I did try NTUC,Cold Storage & Shop n Save but they dun seem to be selling Fresh Blueberry…For a Nice Tasty Blueberry Muffin, we MUZ definately hunt for FRESH BLURBERRY….hahaha

Cheers
Irene

Dido commented on July 5, 2007 at 6:00 am

I’m trying to learn how to bake, reading the way you bake look so simple & encouraging…hehe Is it possible to use the weighting methods in grams instead of cups? I’m confused which cup size? Sory nvr bake before….

Anonymous commented on July 5, 2007 at 7:50 am

Hey,
Your choc muffins looks good. Am very inspired. Coincidently, I have been surfing for easy and quick receipes of almost everything. I like your blog. Will bookmark your site.

AM

angele commented on July 5, 2007 at 4:15 pm

hey cheryl, angele here. was at jane’s chalet and your cupcakes were delicious!!!
thanks so much!!!

ChengWei commented on July 12, 2007 at 2:04 am

the peanut butter cookies and blueberry muffins were fantabulous!

sagu's fantasy commented on July 30, 2007 at 2:56 pm

i just did chocolate cupcake yesterday it turn out really well i even use your idea using nutella cause i love nutella ..thank for the recipe… it’s worth a try i’m gonna do that again next week 🙂

Timothy commented on July 31, 2014 at 5:16 am